Our Culture – How we work
At Best Care, we enjoy a unique culture based on the philosophy of people over profits. In addition to providing excellent service to clients and caregivers, we also strive to create a work culture and environment that is inclusive and empowering. Best Care is a relatively flat organization and most people at the company have the same title “Care Experience Specialist”, and are on one or more functional teams. There are no traditional managers, and instead we have a group of self managed people who work both independently and collaboratively.
With great freedom comes great responsibility, and Best Care expects a lot of our people. Team members best support our culture when they work to their highest ability, are kind to one another, and serve our clients and caregivers with dignity and respect. Everyday, we work to continuously improve our operations, our services, our culture and our team, to better assist the clients and caregivers who depend upon us.
Our Why – Why We Exist
We believe people have a fundamental right to live independently in their own homes and communities, and that caregiving is a role that should be respected and valued.
Our Mission – What We Do & For Whom
Best Care’s mission is to assist our clients so they can live at home and remain independent and to support our caregivers so they can concentrate on providing great care.
Our Strategy – How We Do It
We empower clients and caregivers, treat them with dignity and respect, and implement processes and standards that support their rights as humans. We support clients and caregivers, so that living independently and being a caregiver is easy and convenient.
Our Values – How We Make Decisions
Creating a value statement is a good first step, but we believe it is more important to make decisions and hire employees based on a fit with those values. That is why we use values-based decision-making at every level of our organization.
If the traits listed below describe you and the colleagues you would like to have, Best Care could be the place for you.
- EXCELLENCE – We do our best and go the extra mile.
- We work to the best of our individual abilities.
- We do more than is required or expected.
- We strive to exceed expectations at every level.
- INTEGRITY – We act with Integrity in everything we do.
- We admit to our mistakes.
- We treat everyone with respect, even when we disagree.
- We do what is right, even when no one is looking.
- POSITIVITY – We are optimistic and work to create a positive environment.
- We consciously attempt to find the positive side of any situation.
- We take care of ourselves so we can do our best at work.
- We treat one another and the people we serve with dignity and respect.
- TEAMWORK – We collaborate to overcome challenges as a team.
- We speak kindly to our teammates and do not gossip.
- We respect the time and personal space of our teammates.
- We do our share of the work and understand that our individual work affects the team.
- We support one another.
- ADAPTABILITY – We adjust to new situations and develop creative solutions to problems.
- We make wise decisions despite ambiguity.
- We come up with creative solutions to problems.
- We think outside the box to create discover new ways to face challenges.
- We know when to be flexible with the rules.
- We embrace change.
- GROWTH – We cultivate expansion and development.
- We look for and embrace opportunities for self improvement.
- We are always thinking about how we can improve our services and our company.
Our Vision – Where We Are Going
We envision a future in which everyone who needs care to live independently receives quality services with respect and dignity. In our vision for the future, the role of a caregiver is respected, and caregivers get the support they need to provide quality care.
In that vision for the future we are the #1 choice for family caregivers and people in need of home care services. We support people to live independently by providing excellent administrative support, so that receiving care and being a caregiver is easy and convenient. With speedy on-boarding, timely processing of documents, flexible payroll schedules, respectful treatment, and through providing accurate information, we set the standard for what quality in home support means.