Our Culture – How we work
At Best Care, we enjoy a unique culture based on the philosophy of people over profits. In addition to providing excellent service to clients and caregivers, we also strive to create a work culture and environment that is inclusive and empowering. Best Care is a relatively flat organization and most people at the company have the same title “Care Experience Specialist”, and are on one or more functional teams. There are no traditional managers, and instead we have a group of self managed people who work both independently and collaboratively.
With great freedom comes great responsibility, and Best Care expects a lot of our people. Team members best support our culture when they work to their highest ability, are kind to one another, and serve our clients and caregivers with dignity and respect. Everyday, we work to continuously improve our operations, our services, our culture and our team, to better assist the clients and caregivers who depend upon us. View our Culture Video!
Our Why – Why We Exist
We believe people have a fundamental right to live as they choose and to be treated equitably. Also that work can provide a safe environment for people to be their authentic selves, develop to their greatest potential as humans, and experience true happiness.
Our Mission – What We Do & For Whom
Our mission is to assist our clients so they can remain independent and to support caregivers so they can concentrate on providing great care. Also to create a great company that is inclusive, supportive, and empowering. Where people in the company learn and grow towards the greatest version of themselves.
Our Strategy – How We Do It
We empower clients and caregivers, treat them with dignity and respect, and implement processes and standards that support their rights as humans. We work to continuously improve our services, our operations, our culture, and our team. Together we support clients and caregivers, so that living independently and being a caregiver is easy and convenient.
Our Values – How We Make Decisions
Creating a value statement is a good first step, but we believe it is more important to make decisions and hire employees based on a fit with those values. We use values-based decision-making at every level of our organization, and are guided by the following values:
- INTEGRITY – We act in alignment with our values.
- We do and do what is right even if not popular or profitable.
- We act with integrity even when no one is looking.
- POSITIVITY – We are optimistic and work to create a positive environment.
- We consciously attempt to find the positive side of any situation.
- We take care of ourselves so we can show up as our best selves at work.
- TEAMWORK – We collaborate to overcome challenges as a team.
- We respect our teammates, speak kindly, do not gossip, and support one another.
- We do our share of the work and understand that our individual work affects the team.
- EXCELLENCE – We do our best and go the extra mile.
- We work to the best of our individual abilities.
- We do more than is required or expected.
- GROWTH – We cultivate expansion and development.
- We are always thinking about how we can improve our services and our company.
- We strive to grow as individuals by developing our strengths.
- ADAPTABILITY – We adjust to new situations and develop creative solutions to problems.
- We make wise decisions despite ambiguity, are flexible, and embrace change.
- We come up with creative solutions to problems.
Service Standards – How We Treat Our Customers
- We go out of our way to make it easy and convenient for customers to work with our company.
- We assist each other, and step out of our primary duties when necessary.
- We answer the phone within the least number of rings possible.
- We return voicemails and emails promptly and within 24 hours.
- We greet callers and visitors warmly, and in a professional manner.
- We always give customers our complete attention.
- We treat all customers with respect and patience, even if they are wrong.
- We gladly answer customer questions and find the answer if we don’t have it.
- We value individualization and go out of our way to deliver services in the way our customers want.
- We provide accurate information and if we don’t know, we admit that and find the answer.
- When a customer encounters difficulty we own the problem and apologize.
- We work to resolve any issues quickly.
Our Promise – Our Brand Promise
Convenience, Integrity, and Extraordinary Service Guaranteed.
Our Vision – Where We Are Going
We envision a future in which everyone who needs care to live independently receives quality services with respect and dignity. In our vision for the future, the role of a caregiver is respected, and caregivers get the support they need to provide quality care.