Our Culture – How we work
At Best Care, we enjoy a unique culture based on the philosophy of people over profits. In addition to providing excellent service to clients and caregivers, we also strive to create a work culture and environment that is inclusive and empowering. Best Care is a relatively flat organization and most people at the company have the same title “Care Experience Specialist”, and are on one or more functional teams. There are no traditional managers, and instead we have a group of self managed people who work both independently and collaboratively.
With great freedom comes great responsibility, and Best Care expects a lot of our people. Team members best support our culture when they work to their highest ability, are kind to one another, and serve our clients and caregivers with dignity and respect. Everyday, we work to continuously improve our operations, our services, our culture and our team, to better assist the clients and caregivers who depend upon us. View our Culture Deck!
Our Why – Why We Exist
We believe people have a fundamental right to live as they choose in their homes and communities, and that caregivers should be respected and valued.
Our Mission – What We Do & For Whom
Our mission is to assist our clients so they can remain independent and to support our caregivers so they can concentrate on providing great care.
Our Strategy – How We Do It
We empower clients and caregivers, treat them with dignity and respect, and implement processes and standards that support their rights as humans. We work to continuously improve our services, our operations, our culture, and our team. Together we support clients and caregivers, so that living independently and being a caregiver is easy and convenient.
Our Values – How We Make Decisions
Creating a value statement is a good first step, but we believe it is more important to make decisions and hire employees based on a fit with those values. We use values-based decision-making at every level of our organization, and are guided by the following values:
- INTEGRITY – We act in alignment with our values.
- We do and do what is right even if not popular or profitable.
- We act with integrity even when no one is looking.
- POSITIVITY – We are optimistic and work to create a positive environment.
- We consciously attempt to find the positive side of any situation.
- We take care of ourselves so we can show up as our best selves at work.
- TEAMWORK – We collaborate to overcome challenges as a team.
- We respect our teammates, speak kindly, do not gossip, and support one another.
- We do our share of the work and understand that our individual work affects the team.
- EXCELLENCE – We do our best and go the extra mile.
- We work to the best of our individual abilities.
- We do more than is required or expected.
- GROWTH – We cultivate expansion and development.
- We are always thinking about how we can improve our services and our company.
- We strive to grow as individuals by developing our strengths.
- ADAPTABILITY – We adjust to new situations and develop creative solutions to problems.
- We make wise decisions despite ambiguity, are flexible, and embrace change.
- We come up with creative solutions to problems.
Our Vision – Where We Are Going
We envision a future in which everyone who needs care to live independently receives quality services with respect and dignity. In our vision for the future, the role of a caregiver is respected, and caregivers get the support they need to provide quality care.
In that vision for the future we are the #1 choice for family caregivers and people in need of home care services. We support people to live independently by providing excellent administrative support, so that receiving care and being a caregiver is easy and convenient. With speedy on-boarding, timely processing of documents, flexible payroll schedules, respectful treatment, and through providing accurate information, we set the standard for what quality in home support means.