how to get paid for taking care of a family member, caring for a family memberOne of the most common questions we receive at Best Home Care is: Can I get paid for taking care of my family member or friend? and the answer is yes! Over the last year and a half, we have created a number of resources, including blogs, web pages, and a white paper, to help PCAs and family caregivers discover their different options for getting paid to provide home care.


In the State of Minnesota, there are a number of options available opportunities to get paid for providing home care for a family member, however it can be difficult to accurately understand the details of each. As a leading Twin Cities home care agency, our team at Best Home Care makes it a priority to educate personal care assistants on the available options and guide them through the process of getting paid to care for a family member.


We are excited to announce the release of a new video that explains these opportunities in an easy to understand and approachable way. The video features Andre Best, owner of Best Home Care, explaining the various options for getting paid to take care of a family member including:


  • Medicaid’s Cash and Counseling Program: Provides low-income individuals with the freedom to choose their own home attendant.
  • The Minnesota PCA Program: Individuals may select a caregiver, such as family and friends, to work for them through a PCA agency.
  • The Veteran’s Administration Caregiver Reimbursement: Provides payment to PCAs providing home care for veterans.


Watch the video now:


The video can be viewed on the Getting Paid to take Care of a Family Member page on the Best Home Care website.  Please watch the video and share with your friends then contact the home care professionals at Best Home Care to learn more about the various program and begin the process of enrolling.