Considering a career in homecare services? There are many amazing benefits available to personal care assistants at Best Home Care, including flexible hours, PTO, holiday pay, and more. If you’re an individual taking care of a family member, you’ll also benefit from the added sense of security that comes from knowing your loved one’s health and wellness is in the best hands possible.
As with any job, it’s important to consider how much you can earn for the type of services you perform as a family caregiver. If you live in the state of Minnesota, here’s what you need to know about getting paid:
- In May of 2019, the MN Department of Human Services came to an agreement with the union representing personal care attendants regarding minimum wage.
- Best Home Care offers a competitive minimum wage for our personal care assistants of $13.25/hour.
What Does A Wage Increase Mean for Caregivers?
- Some homecare agencies may not be able to provide the same compensation for PCA Choice and Traditional PCA workers. However, this is not the case when it comes to agencies like Best Home Care.
- Best Home Care does not differentiate between PCA Choice and Traditional PCA in how their caregivers are treated and staffed.
- This means every employee will receive the same hourly pay rate, as well as benefits, regardless of whether they are PCA Choice or Traditional caregivers.
Whether you’re brand new to the homecare industry, or if you’re looking for an agency that treats its personal care assistants with respect and dignity, contact Best Home Care today.