In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Human Services (DHS) is temporarily allowing parents of minors and spouses to work as PCAs from December 1, 2020 through February 7, 2021. If you are interested in temporarily working as a PCA for your minor child or your spouse who receives PCA services, you must go through the PCA hiring process.

You cannot work as a PCA until the following have been completed:

  • Pass a DHS background study
  • Complete the online PCA and CFSS training and certification (DHS training)
  • Sign and return a Provider Enrollment application to Best Care
  • Our team can provide you with the necessary hiring paperwork and can walk you through each step.

To aid the hiring process, please have ready:

  • 2 forms of Identification
    • The IDs must include the full & correct spelling of legal name(s). Examples of acceptable IDs include driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate or passport.

We also suggest completing the online PCA and CFSS training and certification test as soon as possible. You will receive a certificate at the end of the training, which Best Care will need a copy of for your employee record.

**Please Note: If you would like to work as a temporary PCA and you are currently the Responsible Party for the person you want to work for, you will need to identify a temporary Responsible Party. DHS does not allow a person to be a Responsible Party and a PCA for a client at the same time. The temporary Responsible Party will need to complete the Responsible Party Agreement and Plan form which can be completed and collected during the hiring process.

To learn more about the allowance, click HERE to view the announcement from DHS.


Call us at (763) 710-2031 to begin this process today!


Thank you,

The Best Care Team