At Best Care, we know the importance of finding quality home care for your loved ones, especially during the cold winter months. However, while we specialize in helping personal care assistants and family caregivers, we know that as loved ones and family members, you’d also want to be aware of how you can make Christmas crafts for seniors for the older people in your life.
We have come up with some fun activities for the holiday season that are great for seniors—whether they have homecare services or not!
Here are some of our favorite Christmas crafts for elderly:
- Decorating stockings: Pick up some plain stockings from a craft store and some fun paints, glitter, and pompoms to stick onto each stocking. This is also a great activity to do with the grandkids.
- Build a thankful tree: Everyone could do with more frequent reminders of all the things we have to be thankful about. Thinking about them with friends and family in the holiday season is great for bonding.
- Create homemade Christmas cards: Sending cards to loved ones is especially important in the last couple of years, as COVID-19 has made it hard to spend time together in person. Decorating cards is easy: all you need is some craft paper, pens, and whatever decorations you want to use, like glitter, stamps, or stickers. Let your senior’s imagination run wild!
Christmas activities for seniors
When your senior’s home is packed full of festive crafts, you might want to kick back with some hot cocoa and enjoy a fun Christmas game or activity.
Here are some ideas for Christmas games for seniors during the holiday season:
- A card game tournament: Everyone enjoys a good card game, from Crazy 8’s to cribbage.
- Play a board game: Classic board games like Monopoly or Clue are a great way to break out during a holiday gathering, or you can often find holiday-themed board games. Pick up a junior board game like Sorry! or Chutes and Ladders to keep the kids entertained, too!
- Cookie decorating: This is a fun Christmas time activity for all ages. Bake some cookies or gingerbread men ahead of time, then provide different flavor frostings, sprinkles, chocolate chips, and of course some gumdrop buttons! If you’re feeling extra daring, you could also build a gingerbread house for your gingerbread people to live in.
We hope you enjoy these holiday crafts for seniors. Best Care is here to help with all your family caregiving questions. No matter the home care needs of you or your loved one, we can help you find the ideal services for you.
For more information on our services, or for any questions you may have, feel free to browse our website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (651) 330-2550.