spotify icon
Make a ReferralBest Care Connection

Paying for Personal Care Assistants: An Overview

September 11, 2020

Personal Care Assistant services are not one-size-fits-all. There are numerous home care agencies, varying levels of personal care, and a variety of funding sources available to cover expenses. Best Care is here to help you find a personal care plan that works for you and fits within your budget.

Health Insurance

We want our services to be as easily accessible as possible; that’s why we offer various payment options for PCA. We also work with other healthcare providers and insurance companies to make accessing personal care easier.

We work with the following insurance providers:

  • Medical Assistance
  • UCare
  • Medica
  • Blue Cross
  • South Country Health Alliance
  • Prime West
  • IM Care

If you’re over 65 or are younger but have a certain disability, you can use Medicare for home care. Get more information about what Medicare offers here.

Payment Assistance Options

There are also a number of resources that offer financial assistance for paying for Personal Care Assistant (PCA) services and home healthcare costs. Paying for PCA services is easier than you may think. In most cases, PCA services are a benefit for individuals covered through either the Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare Program. Individuals who do not qualify for medical assistance, however, may still qualify for PCA services under the Alternative Care Program.

What is Medical Assistance?

Medical Assistance is a state healthcare program that provides necessary medical services for disabled and elderly (65 or older) Minnesotans, who have limited income and assets.

You must meet certain income and asset guidelines to be eligible. These guidelines change on July 1 of each year, based on changes in the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Contact your local county social services office for further information.

If Medical Assistance sounds like it might help you, find out more about it here, or check to see if you are eligible by looking at these guidelines from the Department of Human Services.

What is the Alternative Care Program?

People who do not qualify for Medicaid may still receive PCA services under the Alternative Care Program. The Alternative Care Program is for people 65 or older, who qualify and need nursing home care. This program has higher income and asset limitations than Medicaid.

Learn More about Financial Assistance for PCA Services

If you’re unsure of your options or aren’t sure what payment plan is best for you, Best Care is here to help. Get in touch today and let us guide you through the process.

Four generations of the same family
Post Categories
Share with a Friend
Skip to content